Ingredients (Recipe for 6)
- 3 large beetroots
- 2 onions
- 150grams of shelled broad beans
- 100ml of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to flavour
- Peel the beetroot, onions and finely slice using a mandolin.
- Lay out the beetroot and onion on an oven dish and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for around 40 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius until the beetroot is cooked through and the onions are slightly caramelised.
- Place the broad beans in a pot of boiling water and cook for approximately 15 minutes until the beans are cooked through. Drain the beans and peel if needed to remove the outer shell.
- Place the beetroot and onions in the food processor and blitz together with the olive oil until you get a smooth consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with Grissini.
“Gastronomy is a form of art, the supreme art of creating, giving and making others happy. Food is passion… and passion is food” Enricca Rocca’s Cooking Schools Venice and London